Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Re-Registering a car

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
Hey, sorry if this isn't the right section but I need to re-register one of my old cars, I had previously handed in the plates as I got a letter saying I needed to.

I had a look on transport.sa.gov.au and ezyreg.com.au and couldn't find anything regarding this..

Hopefully I make sense, basically I need some new plates so I can drive the car again. And I'm from SA too. Thanks for any help :)

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
You will need to get a blue slip,basically a mechanic goes over the car to make sure its roadworthy and if it is then you go to the RTA to get your new plates

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
its easy as just go into service sa and as long as it hasn't been stolen or defected you just fill out a green MR1 form i think it is. did this last year with my vn pretty easy process and they give you new plates then and there

AutoSnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN S2 Exec Wagon
off the top of my head it's like either 21 dollars or 42 dollars, i handed in my old plates and got new ones (mine were damaged) of the S111XXX series plates and it cost me 42 dollars.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
If its been registered here before its easy, just take in the VIN and engine number and old plate numbers if possible. Should be able to register it and get plates on the spot if you arent in a regional area.