Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RE: vl power windows in to vb...

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
hi there im still having trouble putting the windows in, i have a vb and want to put vl power motors in. i have got one motor on rear drivers door but i just wanna check if there is any difference at all between vb-vk (as i have been given that picture) to the vl i do have everything(i think), i have had other members who have been really helpful with this, if possible is there anyone with vl wiring pictures or info as the wiring had to be cut to get what i need of another car and i have no idea what color im meant to connect with the window button on the door to make it go up or down, i have 5 wires and 5 connection points on window switch as i know 2 already come up from motor not sure which way they are meant to go, but the other 3 wires were going along the floor taped up with the central locking (thats gone hello key less entry) any info will help thanks. :w00t:

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
I can try do a scan of the VK diagram for you tonight if you still need them, from the looks of it the VK/VL are pretty much the same, just the mirror switch is in a different spot on the loom, I have VL motors and switches and the plugs etc are all the same.

Last edited:

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
if you could do that it would be grate thanks is there any chance you have info on the wiring (what colour is what) as i said i have no idea what to do next really... Staggie so you did go for the yellow? hope ul keep posting on progress.

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
My scanner is playin funny buggers so i'll take the pages into work tomorrow and do them for ya. They are colour diagrams with the colours labled as well (from the factory holden workshop manual). I'll include the electric mirror page for you also.

Yeah decided on Devil Yellow. have only seen a couple of yellow vk/vl's over here, and definatly havent seen a yellow wagon. I liked the colour better than the others i tried. I will try to keep updating pics on here. All of the progress shots have ended up on facebook, so it probably wont be too hard to update them again on here.

Last edited:

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited: