Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Really Random Question

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Hey ya'll

I'm redoing my company logo and i'm interest in the font holden used for the 'S' and 'SS' on the later model commodores, uno the really edgy one...

Funnily enough, i only need it for one letter, which also happens to be S!

If anyone has a font, or even an outline or shadow or pic of the the 'S' that'd be awesome...

Cheers,
Greg

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
why not just take a photo of the s on a car and edit it in photoshop? i'm guessing it wasnt' a complete font, but was just the one letter.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
vh-holden said:
why not just take a photo of the s on a car and edit it in photoshop? i'm guessing it wasnt' a complete font, but was just the one letter.

Yeah, that's what i'll end up doing... ;)

Cheers

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
I thought all the holden fonts were holden specific, made for them and only available to them. But thats the way to do it, get a photo, a high res one, and edit it in adobe illustrator, a much better program for that than photoshop, photoshop is good for photos, and illustrator for logos, it uses vectors rather than pixels so you can blow it up and shrink it as much as you want without losing quality. Be aware though that the program is very different to photoshop and if you dont know how to use it, it will give you the shits, if you can, get someone who knows how to use it to do it, and you will have an awesome logo that you can shrink for business cards, blow up for banners and signs, and give to embroiders for shirts and so forth

Good Luck!!!

Doc

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
erm Id be careful that Holden doesnt decided they dont want you using it....

D.