Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reaper's work Hack

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Took some happy snaps this evening:

P3011585.jpg

P3011578.jpg

P3011574.jpg

P3011579.jpg

P3011584.jpg

P2271569.jpg

P2271571.jpg

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
going back a page, shadow on the wheels is done with a black base with grey over the top, pretty much impossible to get a perfect match if you scuff em so be careful :)

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Tell me something... Why did HSV designers think ricing up a decent looking car (E1) was a good idea? The front end on the Sen Sig looks like a Honda Accord. The rear looks like a cheap ricer body kit that doesn't fit properly. The wheels are off a Lexus and the new centre cluster really doesn't fit well with the interior styling very well. And those bloody DRLs. Why is it so hard to integrate them with the headlight assembly?

Unfortunately, the E1 was the last decent looking HSV. Which is sad, because underneath all the ugly, they're still a great car!

going back a page

??? I'm still on page one...

Last edited:

vn_wagon90

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Wagon
@ Reaper.. Dude, im not a big fan of holden, But the interior in that looks sweet !! .. Nice man .. :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Those wheels are definitely the exterior standout feature for me.. they're busy but they work. I can't see them working on any of the other models - holden or HSV - but they definitely work on that car, in that colour. I agree completely about the GTS wheels - they are worse than the horrible polished redline/G8 leftovers.

The most disappointing thing about the whole VE range is the centre console/handbrake area. For instance, you can't change gear in the manual if you have anything taller than a small coffee in the cup holders (trivial but fkn annoying when you have passengers that feel the need to drink in the car). It is a very poor design and just cheapens the feel of the car - the handbrake is hideous - and would be the third most awkward handbrake I've used (following that ridiculous thing you pull out from under the dash in falcons from the 80s, and the foot-(hand)brake annoyance in ML Mercs and older Outlanders, etc).

All round, a very classy car, Reaper.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Those wheels are definitely the exterior standout feature for me.. they're busy but they work. I can't see them working on any of the other models - holden or HSV - but they definitely work on that car, in that colour. I agree completely about the GTS wheels - they are worse than the horrible polished redline/G8 leftovers.

The most disappointing thing about the whole VE range is the centre console/handbrake area. For instance, you can't change gear in the manual if you have anything taller than a small coffee in the cup holders (trivial but fkn annoying when you have passengers that feel the need to drink in the car). It is a very poor design and just cheapens the feel of the car - the handbrake is hideous - and would be the third most awkward handbrake I've used (following that ridiculous thing you pull out from under the dash in falcons from the 80s, and the foot-(hand)brake annoyance in ML Mercs and older Outlanders, etc).

All round, a very classy car, Reaper.

Have to agree about the handbrake area. One of the big disappointments with VEII was no upgrade there. I don't find it difficult to use, it just feels cheap IMO. Go back to the foot(hand) brake of the lh/x toranas I say :D.

Reaper

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
you got custom plates on this now? something like DDS or DSS???

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
you got custom plates on this now? something like DDS or DSS???

Eh??? Custom plates are really a bit of a wank when it's all said and done. Not sure what dDS or DSS means either.

Reaper

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I saw a car identical to this cruising up the hume highway last friday with custom plates that said something like DSS , just wondered if it was you car looked pretty sweet.