Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reaper's work Hack

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Those wheels are definitely the exterior standout feature for me.. they're busy but they work. I can't see them working on any of the other models - holden or HSV - but they definitely work on that car, in that colour. I agree completely about the GTS wheels - they are worse than the horrible polished redline/G8 leftovers.

The most disappointing thing about the whole VE range is the centre console/handbrake area. For instance, you can't change gear in the manual if you have anything taller than a small coffee in the cup holders (trivial but fkn annoying when you have passengers that feel the need to drink in the car). It is a very poor design and just cheapens the feel of the car - the handbrake is hideous - and would be the third most awkward handbrake I've used (following that ridiculous thing you pull out from under the dash in falcons from the 80s, and the foot-(hand)brake annoyance in ML Mercs and older Outlanders, etc).

All round, a very classy car, Reaper.

Yes the cup holders omg! lol my mate put his bottle in there and christ it was annoying changing gears

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I saw a car identical to this cruising up the hume highway last friday with custom plates that said something like DSS , just wondered if it was you car looked pretty sweet.

Oh - sorry not me.

Reaper

BTW - anybody know if you can fit a walky blower under the bonnet without the dead bat bulge thing?

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
errrrr.... yeah. the bulge doesn't create extra space under the bonnet. it's just a bit ricer crap that some people think is fully hectik.

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yeah i have to agree. the whole handbrake part really puts me off. and i just dont really like the overall apperance. their sexy but not for me. rather a VZ. and my dad has a kluggar and they have a foot brake. ####ing annoying. regardless very nice car. ya lucky bastard.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Beautiful car mate. That tow bar ruins my life, though I understand it is your daily. Also glad to see the tyres they come fitted with from stock. I recently bought the same ones for the rear of my VY in a 245, very impressed, probably going to buy for my skyline too now. How do you find they grip on your car?
Cheers.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Needs moar lo:

P3011584.jpg

But this, This is ####ing awesome!!!!!!!

P2271569.jpg

P2271571.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Needs moar lo:

P3011584.jpg

After all the crap I went thru to put it on a hoist a few weeks back with pub - it's plenty low enough for me. On that subject - big thanks to pubber for helping me fit a ripshift. Nothing to see externally but makes a huge difference to the driving experience. Why they aren't stock like that is beyond me.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bags will fix that :)

Lol - fix what?????? Take one of the best handling large sedans sub $100k on the roads and turn it into a wallowing boat???

Reaper

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
Pretty sure if you install a quality airbag suspension set-up, the handling won't deteriorate that much.....

Do you take it to the track often? If not, why is it so important that it must have the best handling?
(Assuming you don't go flying around tight corners at high speeds through the streets)

Just sayin, it would look much better lower :)