Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear AirBag Suspension Handling

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Hey Ladys and Gents
I have a VE Series 2 Ute currently with 20" wheels on coilovers and i'm looking at getting rear airbag suspension.
I'm not looking to drag the ass on the ground i use the Ute for week fun loading some bikes in the back and some work use so its always handy to have the back lower to load gear in. I'm over having to adjust my rear coils when i do so and not having the exhaust drag on the ground on speed bumps is always a bonus.
Have had a good look around and found the TTS Air bag system in Sydney ( Tubular Suspension) that's a duel air shock setup that's load rated.
Anyone have one of these kits and could tell me how they handle?
I know they are not going to handle like coilovers but i don't want to spend all this money for it to handle like ****
Cheers, Aidan

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
from what I understand more air pressure means a stiffer ride. A guy one here with a baged red VX SS (Generator i think) said with the sway bars and good gear in the suspension they handle great.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
They work as ducker said but the reason to pump them up is to level the car when towing and they seem to work well and handle fine despite the principle not realy being handling orientated. Mates have run them even on modern Land cruisers to tow big rigs but I don't think you can use the normal bag in spring type to lower the car and if run with less than minimal air they cut puncture and fail. Don't know anything about the setups on the bouncing utes with compressors if that's what you mean, Sorry