Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Brake Upgrade

OLD BOY BRI

OLD BOY BRI
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1
I have just finished front brake upgrade on my VP (VT discs,calipers,braided lines,VT master cylinder and booster) and what a difference!I have searched but can't find anything on upgrade to the rear brakes(doesn't mean it's not there,just I can't find it).Has anyone done VT rears into an earlier model?Is it worth it or are they the same?If there is an article already on this please direct me to it and accept my apology for my noobiness.Cheers.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I have just finished front brake upgrade on my VP (VT discs,calipers,braided lines,VT master cylinder and booster) and what a difference!I have searched but can't find anything on upgrade to the rear brakes(doesn't mean it's not there,just I can't find it).Has anyone done VT rears into an earlier model?Is it worth it or are they the same?If there is an article already on this please direct me to it and accept my apology for my noobiness.Cheers.

There probably is upgrade kits around but not really worth it, the front does the majority of the braking. Best thing you could do is install some slotted rotors and good pads, thats more than good enough for the rears in my opinion

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Your VP has the same rear brake pads as a BA XR6Turbo and BA XR8 Falcon. You don't need to upgrade the hardware, just grab a set of slotted rotors and decent pads. And fluid.

OLD BOY BRI

OLD BOY BRI
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1
Okay thanks guy.Rotors,pads and DOT4 it is!For once it looks like the right way to go is also the cheapest.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Surwagon on this site is running a rear brake upgrade of somesort. vented HSV rotors i think.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
With just the VT fronts, theres not really much out there thats worth the money for the rear, so good pads and maybe slotted discs is all you want.

I got 315mm curved slotted and vented rears, but I went for 343mm fronts and wanted to keep the brake bias relatively normal.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I saw a kit on ebay once, it's just a bracket to reposition the bolting positions to suit the VT caliper, can't remember the details though, sorry. :(

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
hmmm bloke i bought my Ve brakes for my Vp off said they were practically the same