Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear brakes not working

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
.... I changed the brake booster, master cylinder.....

Did you bench-bleed the master cylinder before installing it in your car? If not, that could be your problem. Very difficult to get rid of any air trapped in the master cylinder otherwise.

Satann

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy clubsport r8
Did you bench-bleed the master cylinder before installing it in your car? If not, that could be your problem. Very difficult to get rid of any air trapped in the master cylinder otherwise.
Ive never needed to do that before and ive changed many master cylinders in my life

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Time to take it to a proper mechanic.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Callipers seized ?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
you can bench bleed in the car need somebody to pump the pedal and hold than crack the top nut/pipe to let air/ fluid come out and do the same with the front nut/ pipe that goes the rear brakes just have cover the area with plenty of rags and water i have done it i followed markovr instructions he a brake guru on here

here is here detail post 68 page 7

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-to-vt-brake-upgrade.75831/page-7

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Sounds like your rear brakes are fine. Chock the front wheels, raise the rear of the vehicle and place on stands, with the engine running so you have vacuum assistance and transmission in neutral have an assistant depress and hold the brake pedal, you should still be able to turn the rear wheels by hand, albeit with some effort.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ive never needed to do that before and ive changed many master cylinders in my life

Strange you've never struck any problems before by not bench bleeding the master cylinder....Might be wise to do it as has been mentioned