Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear brembo calipers

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
Yes if I poke my head between the spokes and peer down into the hat!

D1CE7F72-282A-46D3-849D-DCC9C5A4FF04.jpg

I got them for a massive upgrade though, not for concours d'elégance. Have you seen what the yanks do to make incorrect rotors fit?

I think I'll spray the hats and edges with black, just like my old SS setup. sticks out like dog balls with my wheels.

yeah, some pretty scary fabrication techniques and not running an e-brake is an awful idea.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
There's a new braking package available for the VE / VF, heralded with the "20 years of Craig Lowndes" limited edition SSV. This car will be fitted with REAR 4 piston Brembo's on 360 x 28mm rotors (up from 324 x 22 w/single piston calipers on Redline). That legitimises Brembo rear install in certain States. The size is 10mm larger than HSV rears, and 5mm bigger than the rotor from DBA to suit CTS-V calipers. I believe it is the same size as the top spec Camaro disc that G8 modders have rigged a jig to work around to fit same calipers in the US.

The Lowndes SSV planned production run is 161 cars... a special number to any Australian motorsport fan. Besides the expected decals/badging, these cars will have build numbers- with the option of choosing your favourite one (if still available- and build number 1 goes to Craig himself). They also score black staggered width 20 inch wheels and tyre pressure monitoring, besides some of the existing accessory bumper and side vent options.

In addition, each buyer gets an invite (with a partner/friend) to attend a private function with Craig at the Red Bull Racing headquarters in Qld, AND tickets to a local race weekend next year including hosted tour of the Red Bull pit garage.

Deliveries start in October, with last build planned for December.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
There's a new braking package available for the VE / VF, heralded with the "20 years of Craig Lowndes" limited edition SSV. This car will be fitted with REAR 4 piston Brembo's on 360 x 28mm rotors (up from 324 x 22 w/single piston calipers on Redline). That legitimises Brembo rear install in certain States. The size is 10mm larger than HSV rears, and 5mm bigger than the rotor from DBA to suit CTS-V calipers. I believe it is the same size as the top spec Camaro disc that G8 modders have rigged a jig to work around to fit same calipers in the US.

The Lowndes SSV planned production run is 161 cars... a special number to any Australian motorsport fan. Besides the expected decals/badging, these cars will have build numbers- with the option of choosing your favourite one (if still available- and build number 1 goes to Craig himself). They also score black staggered width 20 inch wheels and tyre pressure monitoring, besides some of the existing accessory bumper and side vent options.

In addition, each buyer gets an invite (with a partner/friend) to attend a private function with Craig at the Red Bull Racing headquarters in Qld, AND tickets to a local race weekend next year including hosted tour of the Red Bull pit garage.

Deliveries start in October, with last build planned for December.

I want one...

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Hi guys,

The custom 355mm rear rotors to suit Brembo will be back in stock early next week! It will also have the revised center hat paint so that there's no rust ring under the pad as the first prototype ones did. $247.50 each delivered.

Cheers,
Greg

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I would be interested in upgrading my rears, but will it really make much difference? The Redline pulls up so hard as is, that it nose dives severly. I would have though any extra braking power at the rear would just lead to lock up under heavy load (well ABS interference), seeing as the weight distribution is shifted forwards.

Thoughts anyone?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I would be interested in upgrading my rears, but will it really make much difference? The Redline pulls up so hard as is, that it nose dives severly. I would have though any extra braking power at the rear would just lead to lock up under heavy load (well ABS interference), seeing as the weight distribution is shifted forwards.

Thoughts anyone?

Yes there is a difference, like comparing use of front brakes only on a bike. ABS and EBD cater for brake force management, but with stock one pot screamer an mini disc it can only do so much.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi guys,

The custom 355mm rear rotors to suit Brembo will be back in stock early next week! It will also have the revised center hat paint so that there's no rust ring under the pad as the first prototype ones did. $247.50 each delivered.

Cheers,
Greg

Hi Greg,

I want to order a set of these 355m,m rear rotors, but can't order on your BD website as they're out of stock. Can you advise how I can order a set please?

Part #'s
42031AS & 42031BS I believe.

Cheers
Steve

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Does anyone know the part number for the Brembo 4 spot rear caliper SPRING AND PIN KIT? I bought my rear CTS-V calipers on-line from the States and the Numpties sent the spring / pin kit for the front calipers.

Cheers

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Hi Greg,

I want to order a set of these 355m,m rear rotors, but can't order on your BD website as they're out of stock. Can you advise how I can order a set please?

Part #'s
42031AS & 42031BS I believe.

Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve,

Both the DBA rotors, as well as pads to match can now be purchased directly from our website!

- DBA42031AS
- DBA42031BS
- QFM HPX
- QFM A1RM
- Remsa

Brakes Direct - Search results for: 'Your Vehicle'

Any dramas let us know!

Regards,
Greg

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Anyone thought to enquire about the Holden 360mm rotors as fitted to the Craig Lowndes edition yet?

They are bigger but do they fit CTS-v Brembo rears and are they cheaper, look better or as well made as the 355mm T3 4000?