Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Brembo Upgrade

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
XB_1002190_B01.jpgXB_1002190_B01.jpg
Hey Guys,
I have a VF SS with the factory 18inch alloys. Does anyone know if the brembos would fit? (front and rear) Was thinking of getting the upgrade ebay style, eg VE VF HSV GXP Redline Rear Brembo Brake Upgrade INC Calipers Discs AND Pads | eBay
Cheers,
Brett

On E-Bay from "Yorkim_Car_Parts" in the USA you can buy "3d Red Brembo Style Universal Disk Brake Caliper Covers" 4 pieces front and rear for US $17......cheap as chips for your show pony.....all you have to do is measure up your calipers for your vehicle...and send the dimensions....they are heat resistant and are glued on....see the web site!

Last edited:

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
View attachment 176281View attachment 176280

On E-Bay from "Yorkim_Car_Parts" in the USA you can buy "3d Red Brembo Style Universal Disk Brake Caliper Covers" 4 pieces front and rear for US $17......cheap as chips for your show pony.....all you have to do is measure up your calipers for your vehicle...and send the dimensions....they are heat resistant and are glued on....see the web site!

May as well order your big 4" cannon exhaust tip whilst you are at it.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
What's your opinion, does this make you feel funny? or do you think it would be safe?

Good point! Just drilling would leave a few 'stress raisers' in the hole.

Would be better to drill slightly undersize, then ream to size, finally de-burr the holes...

Brettv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Good point! Just drilling would leave a few 'stress raisers' in the hole.

Would be better to drill slightly undersize, then ream to size, finally de-burr the holes...

And then tap I assume? I'll check the holes tonight, cant remember exactly how much meat they have around them. Other option is to use M12 bolts and a sleeve in the axle hole.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
And then tap I assume? I'll check the holes tonight, cant remember exactly how much meat they have around them. Other option is to use M12 bolts and a sleeve in the axle hole.

No, the bolts screw into the caliper.

Brettv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Correct, im talking about the need to drill and tap the caliper to accept the larger bolt. the axle size is ok as is.

Brettv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Hi All,
A quick update, I've had the front calipers drilled and tapped and they now fit perfectly. However, The stock SS 18inch wheels dont clear the caliper. The circumference is ok, but the front part of the caliper (the face you can see when looking straight on to the wheel) rubs on the inside of the wheel.

So looks like ill go for a set of redline 19inch wheels.

-Brett

Brad Baker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute 6.0L
Blokes,

Yes you will need to buy a different set of caliper bolts for the rear. GM part # is 92139080. Cost is $31.40 inc GST.

I just have been reading up of the forum. I have rung a holden dealers and they quoting me $29 ea bolt. Just wondering if you still had the same contact whem you purchased your bolts?

Thanks

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi,
I bought them over the counter at my local Holden dealer.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi,
I bought them over the counter at my local Holden dealer.
From memory, I think they were the same as the standard front bolts for Brembo's. I have a set of new geniune HSV backing plates if your interested?