Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear bumper removal

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
How many bolts are holding this thing on?? i also got the tow bar, so would the frame that holds that in the boot be holding that on too???

shes due for a paint soon... :w00t:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
From memory, there are screws holding the edges of the bar into the rear guards, on both sides.

Then, taking the spare tyre out, there should be atleast two nuts on each side and then maybe 5 running along the inside rear?

Then it should just be a case of making sure the sides are clear, and pulling towards the rear.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
From memory, there are screws holding the edges of the bar into the rear guards, on both sides.

Then, taking the spare tyre out, there should be atleast two nuts on each side and then maybe 5 running along the inside rear?

Then it should just be a case of making sure the sides are clear, and pulling towards the rear.

cheers mate, ill have to take the screws out, i thought they where just holding the strip bumper bits but ill give it a go, gotta install my parking sensor to :p when i get it off. :thumbsup:

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
your right all the screws on the inside are holding the strips on you should remove them so nothing gets cracked.
there are two screws on each side (outside) in the wheel arches then there are two large nuts holding the bumper brackets inside the very back of the boot, there is one 10mm bolt on each side in the centre of the quarter panel they hold the side sliding brackets and nothing on the towbar should be holding the bumper on (except it maybe in a position where you can't slide the bumper off over it, depending on the type and height):thumbsup:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
your right all the screws on the inside are holding the strips on you should remove them so nothing gets cracked.
there are two screws on each side (outside) in the wheel arches then there are two large nuts holding the bumper brackets inside the very back of the boot, there is one 10mm bolt on each side in the centre of the quarter panel they hold the side sliding brackets and nothing on the towbar should be holding the bumper on (except it maybe in a position where you can't slide the bumper off over it, depending on the type and height):thumbsup:

Thanks mate :w00t:

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
its very difficult to get the rear bumper back on properly, also the plastic is often brittle and weakened by the sun

I wouldnt take one off if I could avoid it, remember the 2 number plate lamps in bumper

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
its very difficult to get the rear bumper back on properly, also the plastic is often brittle and weakened by the sun

I wouldnt take one off if I could avoid it, remember the 2 number plate lamps in bumper

Thanks mate, i almost forgot about the lamps.. i cant wait to get to it, freakn raining again atm :cry: I'm keen to kick the other vechiles out of the garage soon lol