Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear bumper sensor

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6
Hi can anyone help me here does the round covers on the rear bumper over the sensor are they a part you can get from holden as one of mine has gone missing??

Horacehighroller

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY2010 Int VE11 Omega LY7 LPG Statesman 09 LY7
Hi can anyone help me here does the round covers on the rear bumper over the sensor are they a part you can get from holden as one of mine has gone missing??
I can't answer your question but for anyone who has had a sensor come loose or get bumped such that is partially inside the bumper, the answer is to use a vacuum cleaner to suck it back into the correct position.
(It's a hell of a lot easier than removing the bumper.cover.)

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
The Wagon bumper cover is not that hard to remove, easier with 2 people.
Remove a few plastic rivets either side, and underneath,
and unplug the reverse sensors connector that is on the left side [behind the left rear wheel],
And it should lift off the mounting brackets under the tail lights.

As for the round covers, they a plastic moldered/glued on the rear of the bumper, they normally shouldn't come away from the bumper cover, but nothing is impossible.
If you still have it, the best way to re-fix it back into place on the back of the bumper cover, is lightly rough the area up with sand paper, and get hold of some clear liquid nails [from Bunnings] and glue it back on,
Tip: when you re-fit it, place some masking tape on the outside and let the masking tape hold it in place, also place some masking tape on the rear of the sensor, to also hold it in position.
Wait for it to set, and re-fit the bumper cover, [taking care not to get liquid nails on the painted surface.
Otherwise, if its missing, the wreckers would be the "cheapest" best option, but you would have to try and colour match it, you could be lucky to find one the same colour.

Last edited:

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Sounds like the sensor has actually fallen inside.
Try the vacuum cleaner method to duck it back to its spot. Otherwise bumper cover has to come off

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6
I can't answer your question but for anyone who has had a sensor come loose or get bumped such that is partially inside the bumper, the answer is to use a vacuum cleaner to suck it back into the correct position.
(It's a hell of a lot easier than removing the bumper.cover.)
Thankyou I found it and poped it back in so all good cheers