Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear bumper shapes calais, exec, berlina etc

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
hi all,
im driving a vy acclaim and not really a fan of the rear lights. I bought VY Calais lights, but obviosuly have to buy a new bumper to fit them. I think I can get a brand new unpainted bumper from holmart for 285 and a paint job for an extra 150? does that sound about right or are there cheaper options?
I'm not really sure of the shapes of bumpers. I know that a vy exec/ acclaim will not fit vy calai/berlina lights, but will vz exec/acclaim/berlina or calais bumpers fit? are they cheaper? does anyone know? im trying to get the cheapest options obviosuly so id love to know the best way of going about it.. does anyone know of a place that might sell second hand ones in good nick?
cheers

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
hi all,
im driving a vy acclaim and not really a fan of the rear lights. I bought VY Calais lights, but obviosuly have to buy a new bumper to fit them. I think I can get a brand new unpainted bumper from holmart for 285 and a paint job for an extra 150? does that sound about right or are there cheaper options?
I'm not really sure of the shapes of bumpers. I know that a vy exec/ acclaim will not fit vy calai/berlina lights, but will vz exec/acclaim/berlina or calais bumpers fit? are they cheaper? does anyone know? im trying to get the cheapest options obviosuly so id love to know the best way of going about it.. does anyone know of a place that might sell second hand ones in good nick?
cheers

Hi Josh

VY Calais/Berlina rear bars are the same as VZ Exec/Acclaim. The only differences are the additional trims along the bottom of the bar and the parking sensors in the more expensive models that are not fitted to Execs and Acclaims.

I don't think you will find this makes buying the VZ parts any cheaper as they would be the same part number as the VY's.

If you want to fit the Calais lights but want to keep costs down, consider modifying your existing Exec bar. The only thing needed is to cut down the part of the bar that butts up to the lights. If you do it neatly, it should be quite possible to remove about 25mm from each side and the bar will then fit with the new lights. You would need to take your time and make sure of a neat cut at the precise angle but as it's only plastic, it shouldn't be difficult. To work out how much to remove, measure the depth of the standard and Calais lights and remove the difference from the bar.

There are no hidden fasteners or fittings behind that section of the bar so you you wouldn't be weakening it or preventing it from being refitted.

If you want to change the bar to the correct style, $285 would be a reasonable price and $150 sounds about right for painting.