Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear centre seat-belt warning going off

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
MY16 Redline... it appears as if the rear centre seat belt buckle warning has become faulty. When someone is sitting in the rear passenger-side seat and there's a little bit of weight pushing down on the buckle, the centre seatbelt icon on the driver's screen will go green briefly and then flash red indicating the seat belt has been unbuckled. If the passenger wriggles a bit it will go green then red again.

There doesn't appear to be any pressure sensors in the rear seat... it just warns you if a belt in unbuckled... so I'm suspecting a slightly faulty buckle or wiring.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Actilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red Hot VFII SSV Redline
Same happening with mine, mostly when cornering. Happens when back seat is empty. Getting service in 2 weeks and have let them know to check it.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Same happening with mine, mostly when cornering. Happens when back seat is empty. Getting service in 2 weeks and have let them know to check it.
Thanks Actilux... looks like we're in the same area. I'm due for a service in about 4,000km so was going to get them (Comm Motors) to have a look as well. If yours comes up with an answer so I can point them in the right direction that would be great!

Actilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red Hot VFII SSV Redline
Service last week, of course wouldn't fault when they tested, they did find - "Removed rear seat and inspected wiring harness, all ok. Noticed spring broken on middle seatbelt stalk. Requires replacing, nil in stock, part ordered"
Hasn't alarmed since service either..
Also complained about clicking drivers seat. They carried out Techline TL2366-1310, good as new, no clicks.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Service last week, of course wouldn't fault when they tested, they did find - "Removed rear seat and inspected wiring harness, all ok. Noticed spring broken on middle seatbelt stalk. Requires replacing, nil in stock, part ordered"
Also complained about clicking drivers seat. They carried out Techline TL2366-1310, good as new, no clicks.
Hmmm mine did it again over the weekend but it's only when someone is in the back seat and pushes down near the centre seat belt.

What was the clicking? I feel sometimes that my seat only ever so slightly moves when I get in... I'd got them to check it once and they said nothing found.

Actilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red Hot VFII SSV Redline
Clicking is faulty clips under the seat I think, common fault apparantly.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

Is the clicking noise constant?

Actilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red Hot VFII SSV Redline
It was - every time I got in, braked hard, cornered, it would click and annoy the **** out of me. All good now.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Where abouts are these clips so I can check mine. I have a constant clicking type noise that I can't seem to find..

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Have you had any issues with the back seat making clicking noises?

Last edited: