Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear doors on VS do not lock

phuecn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
The rear doors on my VS will not lock either when I use the key fob button or the key itself in the driver door. They will open either way but will just not lock.

When I attempt to lock the car the front doors are fine but the rear door pegs just jolt a little and stay in the 'open' position. There is a 'locking' sound underneath the panel, but it doesn't actually do anything.

Please help.
Thanks.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Unless the snibs (pegs) are loose, I think you are going to need to remove the door trims to inspect the linkage from the door lock to the snib. It seems unusual for both to go at the same time.
What happens when you lift the rear drivers door snib (with doors locked)?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
When I first got my vs,both rear doors wouldnt lock/unlock with the remote or when locked/unlocked by the key at the drivers door.You could still manually lock/unlock them with the snipper buttons though.I removed the door trim,and the electrical connectors for the locks had come unplugged in both doors.I reconnected them,and taped them with electrical tape so it didnt happen again.I later read on here that it is a fairly common problem for these plugs to come apart in the rear doors.I read on here that some people have drilled holes through the plastic plugs and wired them so they cant come apart again.

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
i have the same problem but its only happening to the BRH if you lock the doors when you get in and unlock the BRH door manually they all open up so i dont no :S

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
One of my back doors would not lock or unlock, it turned out the plug came off the connection in that door.

toranamike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SV6
Had a similar problem on my VP.

Try adjusting the position of the CL motors and check the control rods travel the required distance to and from the snibs