Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear dvd entertainment fix.

Steven01

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Found out how to fix rear dvd entertainment. If a dvd disc is in the entertainment system and it wont eject or read but you can hear it spin it can be fixed.
Just take the entertainment dvd reader out. Is abit of a hard job and slow work as you need to also remove the interior lighting parts aswell. You need to disconnect both rear wire adapters at back of dvd reader. Once out look at the front where dvd goes in and you will see 2 small screws. Remove these screws and gently lift the plate up about half a centermeter. Now reconnect dvd and wires back in car with the plate lifted and press eject button. Dvd should come out. Disconnect and put 2 screws back in and reassemble and it should be working fine.

The reasons i found that dvd gets stuck are.
Dvd being used and battery goes flat.
Hard bang or sudden shock while dvd in use.

Hope this helps anyone.

XtRmn8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV M6 Sedan
Hi Steven01, I have the same issue. DVD is in DVD player, power it on and DVD spins but will not read or eject.

Did you just remove the rear DVD unit trim and the light that separates the DVD player and screen section?

I assume you did the above and than just unplugged and removed the DVD player from the housing?

Thanks

Steven01

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Hi Steven01, I have the same issue. DVD is in DVD player, power it on and DVD spins but will not read or eject.

Did you just remove the rear DVD unit trim and the light that separates the DVD player and screen section?

I assume you did the above and than just unplugged and removed the DVD player from the housing?

Thanks

Yes you have to take it out. First time i unscrewed the complete unit. But found out once out their is 4 screws that hold the dvd unit in place. Take the light unit out as will give you more room to pull plugs out of rear of dvd. It is just abit of a pain as very little room. Also when you have it out give both the fans on the side a clean as i found mine were abit dirty.
Hope that helps