Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear End Beating

suspicious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Somehow my VS exec ended up rear ending a pole and has pushed my boot in a bit. The lid is bent in and the bumper was too but popped the bumper out. The pole has pushed the panel behind the boot lid/bumper and needs to be panel beated back out cause the lid wont line up and boot is bent on an angle.

Any idea where to get this fixed on the cheap? Im gonna get a new bumper and boot lid from the wreckers but need the boot chassis punched back out straight so it all lines up again.

Any ideas on what this will cost?

Cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the damage is not to bad and it just needs pushing back out ,you can try to use a bottle jack or a car jack to jack it back out.Use some thick planks of wood to spread out the load on the part you use to lean the bottom of the jack on.You can measure the boot on another car the same as yours and find how far it has to be pushed back out to get it back to where it should be.

suspicious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I thought I would attach these pics to get a better understanding - it does look bad but once I have a new boot lid and bumper it looks like the back end should be able to be punched out somehow, getting in from behind would be a bit hard though I think...

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 301
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 262

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I think that needs to go to a panel beater and put on a car-o-liner to pull it back out. Otherwise your going to have to use a chain hand winch tied around a large tree and attach to the damaged panel with welded tags. If you take it to a panel shop and just get it pulled out, no dressing up or painting it shoudl not be more than a few hours labour.

bear76

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
yer thats definetly a panel beater job most of them wont even try repair that just straighten boot and replace the rest with new if u r truly thinkin of tryin both of these posts r the way to go try a bit of heat 2 metal bends better when hot

trav_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss and vs statesman
Mate im a panel beater and i reckon you need to take it to a panel shop, its in pretty far. If you dont wanna do that strip the trim out of the boot get a bottle jack and some large bits of wood or a port a power would be better or something simmilar and push it out. When i say push it out i mean put the wood on the back of the seat or across the two wheel arces and another bit on the panel that you are pushin. The idea of the wood is to disperse the push over a greater distance and not to damage the panels to much. Then either measure off another car or get your new bootlid and try it on. Then just play with it until it shuts. Mite take some fiddling but, its not guna look pretty. Just judgin from the pics.

bear76

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
i do have a spare boot lid looks like but cant tell is it sherbrook green but im in another state so try wreckers if u cant find 1 nudge me only prob is its vr badge diff and its badgeless