Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear ended...

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 Ltr manual & 96 WRX
Hey guys i got rear eneded last night and i was just wondering how much a vt ss rear bumper would cost? Oh and also the plastic covering on the boot (behind the number plate in between the back lights) that got all crackd up, how much would that cost? Cheers

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I would say from a wrecker you would be looking at about $100 each, then you will need to get them resprayed
Ring around and see what you can get.

philba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim
since you got rear ended, the other persons insurance should pay for it, if they dont have insurance, your insurance will chase them up for the money to have your car fixed

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
The garnish wont need to be painted for a VT, I could find them for free-$20 if I needed one.

The rear bumper Ive seen for $110 brand new at holmart, they were $80 somethhing at carsrus but I don't see any on there now.

The best/easiest option would be to scan ebay and gumtree for someone wrecking one the same colour close to your area, then I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a perfect match.

I just saw a VT SS rear bar (white) for $120, I would have snapped that up fast if it was my colour. Painting would cost from $100-300 depending on where you go or who you know.

It would probably need a new reo too if it hit it hard enough to damage the bumper, it will also pay to look under the spare tyre and see if the wheel well is buckled.

My car got hit in the rear and only the paint was slightly scuffed yet the wheel well was buckled (where the spare goes) and the reo was bent, it cost $300 for a mate to put it on the rack to straighten it in his own time. Where he worked told me they would book me in for 5 months time and charge me $1,500 (the car cost $1,700 so that wasnt a option)

Also check for panel gaps around the boot and rear doors.

I hope for your sake its not as bad as it could be but with a broken bumper and garnish it sounds like a lot harder hit than mine.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

dragon91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Should cost u nothing as they have to pay if they rear end you. In like 99% of cases that is. I was rear ended by an old drunk at 70 kmh at a set of lights and pushed into the car infront and smashed its whole back end. Cops came and wrote a report saying that because of his speed there was no way I could have avoided the car infront (as I was pushed a number of metres) and Mr drunk was up for both car repairs out of his own pocket. Moral to the story is...... I dunno don't drink and drive?

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea i had insurance so did he, so yea theyll do it all but i might need to find the parts and they just pay for it at the end of it, thanks 2DIE helps quite alot thanks every 1 else, and yea i lost two mates in a drink drive crash so yea its not worth drinking and driving :(

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
just go to a pannel beater and get them to rip him off

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha was thinking about it but meh noting to bad, oh and WTF is a reo bar? >.< haha