Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear globe warning on VZ Calais

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
So the other day my Calais did it's normal check after start up and it came back with a rear globe fail warning. At first i thought no biggie, it's probably just a blown globe, easy fix.
But i've checked all rear lights several times over and they all come on and work fine. So i'm wondering what it's problem is and why it keeps coming up with this warning every time i turn my car on? Any ideas, or does anyone know how to clear the warning?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I've had this happen in my senator a few times and only happens when after I've had the car in reverse and like you haven't found any globes out when I have checked.
My thinking is that it is a loose bulb connection and if it doesn't light up instanatly like it's supposed to the bcm picks up a lamp fail even though it may now be on.
The lamp fail light goes away after the ign has been turned off and restarted.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
yea my car came up with the warning and found to be the number plate globe although i just pulled it and re-installed and warning hasn't come up since must be bad earth or something

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Well how stupid of me, lol. It was one of the number plate globes! The amount of times i've got the missus to check the break, reverse, indicators, etc while i stood behind the car trying to see which globe was blown...and i never noticed the bloody number plate was only half lit.
Thanks for the help guys!

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
its annoying because its not clear

Same with the Stato, it had LED number plate globes which would set it off. I thought WTF is this warning that keeps coming up because the globes all work fine, til I found out what it was!