Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear indicators not working

Brassworks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Sedan 60th Anniversary
I have just replaced a rear tail light assembly after I backed into a post then found both rear indicators not working. I have changed and checked both globes and checked fuses in passenger foot well. They will not work either with hazards or with central locking. I have looked through previous posts but have not been able to find any similar posts.

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
I have just replaced a rear tail light assembly after I backed into a post then found both rear indicators not working. I have changed and checked both globes and checked fuses in passenger foot well. They will not work either with hazards or with central locking. I have looked through previous posts but have not been able to find any similar posts.

Unplug the recently installed rear tail assembly and then see if the indicators on the other side of the car work again. (This is just a fault finding exercise at this stage to see if the new rear tail assembly is the cause of the problem.)

Also are there other lights that are not working correctly since the replaced rear tail assembly has gone in?

Brassworks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Sedan 60th Anniversary
Unplug the recently installed rear tail assembly and then see if the indicators on the other side of the car work again. (This is just a fault finding exercise at this stage to see if the new rear tail assembly is the cause of the problem.)

Also are there other lights that are not working correctly since the replaced rear tail assembly has gone in?
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I found a reversing light globe blown, then reset the BCM by taking out the fuse. Then found both indicator globes had blown since yesterday. Replaced globes all are working ok now. (New assy did not have globes or wiring)