Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Leg Room: A Question for the Lofty Gentlemen

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
Our son has just turned 10 years old and is already over 5ft tall, so we suspect he's going to end up somewhere around 6ft 5in. Accordingly our old VS Equipe beater is rapidly going to become more and more cramped in the back for him. This seems like as good an excuse as any to invest in something rather more exciting/plush.

So, taller gents: how do you find the room in the back of the later models? We'd prefer a VY-VZ wagon/Adventra if it's viable but if necessary we're happy to look at WK-WM Caprices/Statesmen. VE wagons are also in the picture, there's no specific budget as we tend to buy a car then run it into the ground and keep on digging.

I'd jump in the back of a few myself but I'm shaped like a gorilla so have short legs.

Any non-Commodore options too? Bear in mind I'm a home mechanic and I also have the mechanical sympathy of a gorilla so nothing fragile please.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
I bought a stato on the reason I fit in the back seat with legs out, I'm comfy and glad I got it. I'm 6'3

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
There's an obscene amount of rear legroom in my WM, so much so that it becomes a talking point for any new person sitting in the back.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Statos will win over nearly anything, then I think VE's have the most legroom of the everyday commies.