Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear lowering problem

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
hey guys
i put my superlow springs, rears only, in bout 6weeks ago with the help from a mate, who states he knows what he was doing?
Will do front soon when i get my rims!
anywayz the back end has not dropped? if anything 5mm? why would this be? any ideas?

would it be because i dont have shortened shocks?

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
shortened shocks wont make a diff. check that the springs are sitting in there seats properley on the top and the bottom,

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
yea im pretty sure they are they look fine and the ride feels fine?

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
yer, the springs should like kind of screw in at the bottom, if thats ok i dunno, maybe you got lows instead of superlows? the shop gave u the wrong springs? does your car have IRS or soild axel?

M

matty193

Those with IRS with often sit higher at the back. I have lows on the front and superlows on the back and when parked it still sits higher at the back. When in drive though, you can feel the back drop down when you accelerate or go from park to drive and this corrects it.

Maybe go for ultralows at the back to counter this effect of the IRS.

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
matty193 said:
Those with IRS with often sit higher at the back. I have lows on the front and superlows on the back and when parked it still sits higher at the back. When in drive though, you can feel the back drop down when you accelerate or go from park to drive and this corrects it.

Maybe go for ultralows at the back to counter this effect of the IRS.

it normaly droped down with the standard springs in i dunno? ill get under there on the weekend and have look round if i dont get it theres always the suspension shop . . . lol

thanks for your help dudes