Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear muffler mount

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
my vr's rear muffler is only held up by wire and i have the mounts on the way im just wandering how it mounts up and which rubber to use,if anyone could take a picture id appreciate it

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
VR's use a figure 8 style exhaust hanger to connect the rear muffler to the chassis.

It basically just hooks on one end to the muffler the other end to the hook on the chassis, takes all of 20 seconds, theres really nothing to it.

s-l640.jpg

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
VR's use a figure 8 style exhaust hanger to connect the rear muffler to the chassis.

It basically just hooks on one end to the muffler the other end to the hook on the chassis, takes all of 20 seconds, theres really nothing to it.

s-l640.jpg
thanks,much appreciated

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ease of fitment varies. It can be a bastard to get the rubber rings on if you have a resonator and tow bar. If you only have one of the above, yes it is a walk in the park. If you have both of the above you might need two figure 8s. This is because you need the second one to pull the rear pipe away from the towbar or it will hit. Once you fit it all up you will understand.

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
Ease of fitment varies. It can be a bastard to get the rubber rings on if you have a resonator and tow bar. If you only have one of the above, yes it is a walk in the park. If you have both of the above you might need two figure 8s. This is because you need the second one to pull the rear pipe away from the towbar or it will hit. Once you fit it all up you will understand.
no towbar so i guess itl be easy,just waiting on the rubbers to turn up

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Mine's always bounced around and made knocking noises when ones broken but I do have a tow bar.
Really want both otherwise it only loads up and stresses the one that's left.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
They have two of the rubber hangers as per normal, never just one.

This is what holds the tail end of the system rigid, with only one it will just flop around.

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
The mounting brackets are quite pliable too so if you struggle just bend the bracket enough to slip the rubber on then use pliers to move the tongue of the mounting bracket back into position. It's a good idea to give it an extra tweak to stop the rubber from falling off if your tail pipe bottoms out (if its lowered)