Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Mufflers

AiiDynBrus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 S1
Hi All,

I know I should probably leave my VF SV6 exhaust alone and keep it stock but I’m thinking about putting on an SS Muffler?

Will they fit and would a VE Rear Muffler fit my VF?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi All,

I know I should probably leave my VF SV6 exhaust alone and keep it stock but I’m thinking about putting on an SS Muffler?

Will they fit and would a VE Rear Muffler fit my VF?
Yes, if they're the right type, i.e sedan/wagon or ute, and have the correct flange. Plenty of VF ones for sale though. Get the manual ones with 2 actual outlets, rather than 1 into 2 (auto type). They sound quite good. Not too loud, drony or farty.
I haven't heard one with VF2 bi-modal mufflers fitted, so I can't comment on that. Would be interestng to hear though.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I put the manual mufflers on my VE 3.6 4spd and dual fuel sounded ok but droned,, might be different in 6sp auto though. The auto mufflers are good but no real change in sound.

AiiDynBrus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 S1
Yes, if they're the right type, i.e sedan/wagon or ute, and have the correct flange. Plenty of VF ones for sale though. Get the manual ones with 2 actual outlets, rather than 1 into 2 (auto type). They sound quite good. Not too loud, drony or farty.
I haven't heard one with VF2 bi-modal mufflers fitted, so I can't comment on that. Would be interestng to hear though.

I put the manual mufflers on my VE 3.6 and sounded terrible and front. The auto mufflers are good but no real change in sound.

Thanks for your replies, yeah I have a Sedan. So try and look for a manual SS rear muffler? Either VE or VF?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks for your replies, yeah I have a Sedan. So try and look for a manual SS rear muffler? Either VE or VF?
Yes. My Son has them on his stock VE SV6 ute and they sound quite good.