Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear O2 loom extensions.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
So looking at trying to fault find an O2 issue (rear drivers throwing a code) and to nullify it is the wiring am wanting to swap the left and right bank wiring over.
(already confirmed its not an o2 sensor itself or a few other basic things) Right rear is holding around 700mV and not going down below, so its reading high.
Plan is, to use extentions to have the left and right rears be crossed over. If the code shows up on the Left side its wiring, if its drivers side its something upstream like an injector, lead, plug etc. Have noticed the sensor does get a bit blackened on the RHS, but due to lockdowns i think ive only driven it about 100km in the past 2-3 months so cant do anything extensive such as a nice long drive.

Vehicle in question is VZ Thunder, L98, with Extractors and high flows.
Looking at the flat pin plugs, not the front square plugs.
like so:
https://www.performanceexhaust.com....DORE-VY-VZ-V8-02-OXY-OXYGEN-SENSOR-WIR/GEN-VY
https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/r...MIsv6ho5706wIVi6qWCh2IIA7aEAQYBCABEgIHzvD_BwE

Now has anyone either
a) done this before?
b) bought extentions and has recommendations for which to use?
c) for the case of probably a 30 minute fault find will it likely cause issues?

Thanks.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I remember blokes use to have issues with moisture in loom plugs.

Most exhaust stuff I go to bestmufflers.com straightforward no bs kind of bloke if you get him on phone so keep that in mind lol

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Swapping banks only on the rear O2, shouldn't cause long term issues, but will throw out its calculations between front and rear O2s and it may run weird during the test run. It should give you the results your after and pinpoint the cause.

Sorry I don't have recommendations, but you can always make up a loom for your test with old O2 plug and a wreckers loom plug.