Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Pass window stopped working after wiring

mattfm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
Gday All,

Today I was installing some 6x9inch in the rear parcel shelf, and after removing door trim and running the wires underneath the carpet, and screwing door trim back down,
my rear passenger power window has ceased to work, both from the main switch in the front seat, and the secondary switch in the rear.
Is it possible ive pinched some wires or knocked something while i was running wires??
Any hints on what to look for exactly to determine what ive snagged?

Matt

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Why did you remove the door trim to lift the carpet & run wires to the rear?

What door trim did you remove?

mattfm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
to run the wires under the carpet on the passenger side i unscrewed the plastic trim on the bottom, wires now run from headunit, underneath glove box, under carpet to rear seats and into boot.
VX commodores dont come with speakers in the rear parcel shelf so i had to run the wires myself.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
There is a main wire harness that runs to the rear that is located under the sill panels.

You may have broken a wire along there somewhere. The elec window's along with lock's, light's, boot release all run along there.
But i believe the majority of the boot related wiring is on the driver side from memory. so the pass side should just be rear door related wiring

Best thing to do is remove the sill panel again and look very carefully at the wiring harness and see if you can see any break's in the wiring.

Im sure you will find a pinched wire or something, Did you pinch any wires when you screwed the sill panel down?
I still don't get why you had to remove the door trim.
Only time you should need to remove the door trim is if you were to install speaker's into the door's.

mattfm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
I still don't get why you had to remove the door trim.
Only time you should need to remove the door trim is if you were to install speaker's into the door's.

Think I might have confused door trim. I was under the impression that it was the plastic fittings that go between the carpet and the door jambs. that is what I removed to run the wires.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Ahh i see, Cool.

Have a look under there and see if you can see any pinched or broken wire's.

Does the rear swich light up? Like when you turn the key's on or unlock the door?

mattfm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
Unscrewed the trim again and made sure no wires were snagged, everything still connected under glve box, still no good. screwed it all back on. Later on, started playing around with window switches and presto, works a treat and no issues since!