Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Passenger Door Lock Issue

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
He said the "The Door indicator thing has come out of the door with a small rod attached to it....", so this to me suggests the issue is a bit more serious than first considered i.e. it's broken further down and/or the rod has disengaged from the locking mechanism. The solution is to remove the inside door trim (it is screwed on in several places around the perimeter) to expose the innards. Record what you do so that the screws and snap-pins all go into the same position. The inside of a door on a VZ is a bit intimidating on first appearance.

The orange clip securing the door lock knob is not really re-useable and a new assembly (knob + clip) should be obtained from Holden to ensure a solid fit.

If a door lock knob periodically does not unlock or lock, it indicates a problem with the solenoid e.g. worn out (sh*t happens...). Same thing as earlier mentioned: remove door trim completely to replace and you're ready to boogie. :dance: :p

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks, But I can't open the door to remove the trim! And If I was to do anything dodgy to open the door through the handle hole I won't be able to re-lock the door, and Holden are shut for the day :/ I kinda think that the rod has just slipped off.. So if anyone has a picture of how the rod goes back in would be much appreciated!