Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Passenger Door Lock Issue

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
The Rear Passanger Door will not unlock. The Little Door indicator and rod is able to be pulled out and I am unable to remove the door trim as the door is locked. Any ideas?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
remove the inside door handle and see if it is actually clipping onto the latch to unlock the door, if its not, or its broken, just grab a pair of pliers and pull the latch so it unlocks from the inside

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for the reply! If the latch is broken how do I replace it? And once I open the Door that way how do I re-lock it?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
i dunno lol, if it opens, remove the door trim and investigate it further, see if its repairable or if the lock mechanism needs replacing. thats the only way i would know how to open it, but someone else may know of other ways to do it

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Seems to all we working fine, and if anything, I would assume the door would / should still lock and unlock regardless of the little Door Indicator -Roddy thing. Anyone else able to assist?

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
No, The Child Lock is not on! The Door indicator thing has come out of the door with a small rod attached to it....

Last edited:

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I can't open it from inside or outside, anyone know what to do?

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
wow thats rooted! my driver door wouldnt open because the lock wouldnt pop all the way up when i unlocked it, but it doesnt do it anymore :S haha hope you find an answer man!

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Anyone have a picture or a diagram of the inside the door so I can try and work out how to put it back in?