Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear raises and feels like it wants to stall?

lockmac

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Lately, ive been having a few problems with my VX XU6.
Noticed it the other day, when I was sitting in traffic, all of a sudden, the rear of the car would drop a little and it would feel like its about to stall. It would then go back to normal, it happened quite a bit that day and has only happened a few times since.

At the same time that this has been happening, i've also noticed that when I drive (and once again it doesnt happen all the time, just sometimes), it feels like the car jolts or something whilst driving (almost like its slipping a cog or something).

Any ideas?

Thanks guys

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
When was the last time you had the rear diff oil and transmission oil changed? Mine used to jolt and do funny things when I was stopped until I had those flushed and filled with new oil.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
this might be a stupid question but have u had any overheating issues? or has your thermo fans stopped working sometimes? ive had the same exact issues with my vp recently as uve described.

lockmac

Reaction score
this might be a stupid question but have u had any overheating issues? or has your thermo fans stopped working sometimes? ive had the same exact issues with my vp recently as uve described.

Havnt really had any issues with the cooling. It was just under half when it happened.

In terms of the diff, its really never had a good service or oil change (havnt had it that long and not sure about the previous owners). Wouldnt think it would be the diff though because in happens when im stationery...

Not sure about the transmission either. Might have to give them a bit of a service. In reagrds to changing the oil on the charger, do I have the take the whole snout off or how would i get the oil out? I know theres the little screw on top but how would i drain it out..

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
Probably doesnt hurt to change the diff and transmission oil then. It doesnt cost all that much to have it done, and its probably a good place to start before looking at anything more expensive.

Like I said, mine used to do strange things when I was stationary until I had those flushed.