Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear speaker VF wagon upgrade

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
Just installed some Morel maximus 602 in the front of my VF wagon. Can anyone recommend something that will work well in the rear doors?

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
6.5" will also fit in the rear. How do you like those Morels? I am looking seriously at the Focal 165AC and the Polk MM652 as well as the Morels. B.

tallman5353

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Karma VF Calais V6
I'm keen to know this too.
Is the factory head unit good enough to power these effectively?
Any noticeable difference in sound to the stock speakers?

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
If the OP's car is the same head unit as my 2015 SS, then the head unit is source material only. It sends a signal to an amplifier that powers the speakers. There is a lot of processing inside of that amp, if it's the Bose system. So to get more range out of your speakers, it is best to tap into the head unit signal before the factory amp and feed the signal to an aftermarket amp. Then to your speakers cutting the factory amp out of the loop altogether. B.

tallman5353

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Karma VF Calais V6
It looks as though he has the wagon, which doesn't have the Bose system. I've got a non-V Calais, which has the same setup.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I'm keen to know this too.
Is the factory head unit good enough to power these effectively?
Any noticeable difference in sound to the stock speakers?
I like the look of the Alpine PXE-0850s amp/processor for small setups. 8x25w rms allows front and rear splits to run active if need be, essentially giving up to 4x50w rms with bluetooth controlled processing power.

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
Ok cool, I was not sure what system his car has. Your options are a little different than ours. B.

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
Only installed them on the weekend but the little testing i have done it is a big change with these speakers along with dynamat on the doors, very happy so far. The stock vf wagon speakers (non bose) are crap.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Which ones will give double the base of the factory parcel shelf speakers and double the sound quality without a sub? Connect and play? Anything? If one was to replace all the speakers with aftermarket only and leave the factory SSV (non Bose) headunit etc alone.

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
I installed the type R alpine 6.5s and found that replacing all the speakers didnt make enough sound difference to warrant the money and time spent doing it. the Head unit has low power output. Ive been put off installing an amp due to the parking sensor issues.