Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear speaker wires hiding

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Ok, well I bought a VN which had all the speakers removed. Now Im just curious to what happened the the rear factory speaker wires. All other wires are accounted for including the factory dash speaker wires. The previous owner has ran new wiring for the rear speakers which made me think they might have cut them off. But that wouldnt explain why they left the front speaker wires intact. I have removed the rear seats and followed the loom from the door sill into the boot but cant see anything out of the ordinary.

Is it true that some VN's werent fitted with rear speakers? And that theres connectors for them somewhere? (seems to be connectors according to wiring diagrams). Because the wires are there at the head unit.

Its not a big deal. Just trying to familiarize myself with the cars history. :)

Cheers.

Post Vintage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Manual
I don't know for sure, but I think poverty pack commodores didn't have rear speakers.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'm just gonna take a punt hear and asume you have a VN Executive, cause you didnt state your spec level....The VN executive did not come out with rear speakers..Whether you could option it at the time, i'm not sure, but they were never a standard feature on the executive until the release of the VR. You will however find the cut outs for the rear speakers under your parcel shelf, if you take the shelf out, but there wont be any wiring going to them..

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah i dont think the VNs came with rear speakers as standard (except for the berlina (?) and calais). If theres no visible free plugs on the underside of the parcel shelf then you will have to run your own or use the wiring left by the old owner.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Yeah its an exec. Hmm makes sense. Though I would still like to know where these connectors are. There IS rear speaker wires at the head unit end, so the other end must be somewhere :p. Might have to pull up the door sills. Im guessing they ran with the main loom on drivers side?

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Thats a good question, good luck finding them ;)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
The reasons why the are rear speaker wires coming from your head unit, is because the same head unit was used throughout several ranges.Those rear speaker wires will just run into the factory wiring harness, unless fitted with rear speakers from the factory, then they will end there..If you want rear speakers, your going to have to cut the wires at the harness, and run your own wiring from them.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Found them!

Not what I was expecting but at least I know where they end. I could just get a loom from a model with rear speakers if I really wanted them. But not worth it as Ill be running all new wiring when I decide to install amps.

Cheers for the input guys.

IMG_1341Small.jpg

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Ahh, good work.....yeah your better off running your own higher quality wiring anyway.