Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Speakers in a ute?

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
I know it sounds like alil overkill but looking to throw some 6x9 in a ute. Anyone done this before? Im saving the space behind the seets for a sub, looking to place them behind each seat or something.

Any ideas give us a yell

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
I know it sounds like alil overkill but looking to throw some 6x9 in a ute. Anyone done this before? Im saving the space behind the seets for a sub, looking to place them behind each seat or something.

Any ideas give us a yell

I wouldn't say its overkill..
I have a VU with two 6x9,s behind the drivers seat which were mounted in a box and two 10" Subs behind the passenger seat with the section below the back board cut out and thick MDF cut out to mount them.. 2 Amps under the passenger seat (One for the fronts and the other for the subs)and with the fronts all sounds sweet as..

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
I wouldn't say its overkill..
I have a VU with two 6x9,s behind the drivers seat which were mounted in a box and two 10" Subs behind the passenger seat with the section below the back board cut out and thick MDF cut out to mount them.. 2 Amps under the passenger seat (One for the fronts and the other for the subs)and with the fronts all sounds sweet as..

Please get some pics up, i would really love to see it all fits and comes together :thumbsup:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Be wise, don't waste your money. You don't need speakers behind you, let alone in a ute. Any money spent on purchasing them, is money wasted that should of went towards your front speakers.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri

I can't imagine it would sound "great". Sound waves bounce off solid objects. In a cabin of a ute, a sound wave being projected from the front (towards you) has a very short path to travel.Somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but from a SQ point of view, wouldn't having speakers mounted behind you, in such a small space, cause cancelation between the two sets?

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I can't imagine it would sound "great". Sound waves bounce off solid objects. In a cabin of a ute, a sound wave being projected from the front (towards you) has a very short path to travel.Somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but from a SQ point of view, wouldn't having speakers mounted behind you, in such a small space, cause cancelation between the two sets?

not sure about cancellation but say goodbye to any kind of stage depth. would sound horrible from an SQ point of view

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
Please get some pics up, i would really love to see it all fits and comes together :thumbsup:

This is how mine are installed and no matter what other people say its your car do what you want when you want and I will say its the best set up and sound Ive ever had.. But at the same time the front Speakers and tweeters were also done..
The subs and 6X9's are just for the bass..

dvd.JPG

speakers.JPG

subs.JPG

amps.JPG

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
Say VY_utester
when i swapped out the tweets under the dash
they were torn so i added an extra set as well
Here's where the extra tweets are mounted no one