Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Speakers

Discussion in 'Car Audio' started by Jet9902, May 31, 2017.

1. Jet9902

Jet9902 New Member

Members Ride:
    2011 VE Series II SV6 Commodore
    Hi All,

Just wondering how easy... or hard it is to install the rear speakers in the back of a VE series II Commodore.

It is a 6 speaker system, but the only back speakers are in the doors and sound isn't that great. I can see there are spots to put speakers, but while I may have been able to do this in an old old Holden, the new ones leave me a little lost.

Can the average Joe do this, or would I have to spend a bit of money getting it done. As hooking them up to the actual stereo would be the big issue.

Thanks!

2. stockies

stockies Bannana

Members Ride:
    G6E Turbo
    Honestly, you'd get more a "bang for your buck" swap with the factory door speakers to a aftermarket brand.

Rear shelf is for the factory 8" woofers, and while you can buy the covers for the parcel shelf and fit a 8" sub or 6x9's - it will probably require an amp to really beef things up.

If you replace all the factory speakers - you will get a better quality of sound. If your after a real big noise, and aftermarket amp and speakers/subwoofer combo is your best bet.

VE-Jay likes this.
  3. VE-Jay

VE-Jay New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Berlina
    Had the same question so cheers for the advice. Are the rear door speakers easily changed over to aftermarket speakers?

4. Dayvo

Dayvo Because i can

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Series 2
    Pretty straight forward . Have a look in the VE section , there is a whole thread on this subject . I replaced mine with 6.5 kickers and 4 channel amp big improvement .

5. VE-Jay

VE-Jay New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Berlina
    Had a visit to the local car audio shop to talk about options. Suggested changing the 6.5s front and back to aftermarket which will give a crisper sound; but the deck remains with the same output.

Have booked in for a 5 channel amp and sub combo while keeping the factory speakers to start with. Will make a huge difference and speakers can be upgraded later if needed.

They didn't recommend adding any speakers in the back shelf, unless I absolutely wanted them. They agreed the centre speaker was the first job to unplug.

6. Dayvo

Dayvo Because i can

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Series 2
    Just unplugging the centre speaker makes a big difference. Yeah if you do the 4 door speakers and sub you won't need the rear shelf speakers

VE-Jay likes this.