Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Speakers

Jet9902

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6 Commodore
Hi All,

Just wondering how easy... or hard it is to install the rear speakers in the back of a VE series II Commodore.

It is a 6 speaker system, but the only back speakers are in the doors and sound isn't that great. I can see there are spots to put speakers, but while I may have been able to do this in an old old Holden, the new ones leave me a little lost.

Can the average Joe do this, or would I have to spend a bit of money getting it done. As hooking them up to the actual stereo would be the big issue.

Thanks!

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Honestly, you'd get more a "bang for your buck" swap with the factory door speakers to a aftermarket brand.

Rear shelf is for the factory 8" woofers, and while you can buy the covers for the parcel shelf and fit a 8" sub or 6x9's - it will probably require an amp to really beef things up.

If you replace all the factory speakers - you will get a better quality of sound. If your after a real big noise, and aftermarket amp and speakers/subwoofer combo is your best bet.

VE-Jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Had the same question so cheers for the advice. Are the rear door speakers easily changed over to aftermarket speakers?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Pretty straight forward . Have a look in the VE section , there is a whole thread on this subject . I replaced mine with 6.5 kickers and 4 channel amp big improvement .

VE-Jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Had a visit to the local car audio shop to talk about options. Suggested changing the 6.5s front and back to aftermarket which will give a crisper sound; but the deck remains with the same output.

Have booked in for a 5 channel amp and sub combo while keeping the factory speakers to start with. Will make a huge difference and speakers can be upgraded later if needed.

They didn't recommend adding any speakers in the back shelf, unless I absolutely wanted them. They agreed the centre speaker was the first job to unplug.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Had a visit to the local car audio shop to talk about options. Suggested changing the 6.5s front and back to aftermarket which will give a crisper sound; but the deck remains with the same output.

Have booked in for a 5 channel amp and sub combo while keeping the factory speakers to start with. Will make a huge difference and speakers can be upgraded later if needed.

They didn't recommend adding any speakers in the back shelf, unless I absolutely wanted them. They agreed the centre speaker was the first job to unplug.
Just unplugging the centre speaker makes a big difference. Yeah if you do the 4 door speakers and sub you won't need the rear shelf speakers