Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Speakers

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
i want to install a cd deck in my vp,it has only the front 2 speakers ex factory ,when you have to cut the holes in the back of the car do you take out the carpet from in front of the rear window then draw out the template and cut from the top with a jig saw or do you go from inside the boot,there seems to be 2 wires with white plugs in the boot at the top where you would expect the speakers to connect ,i am wondering if these are the speaker wires in the standard loom .also is it much of a job to install your own cd player.auto barn here in adelaide want 180 dollars to do the whole fit, ie deck and two front speakers which i assume would fit into the existing holes as they are sony 10 cm and install rear speakers this seems like a fair bit if i can do it myself without all the usual hassles i wouls rather save the 180 dollars
cheers fergi

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
hmmmmm dont know if the wires are there for speaker runs but as for installing the cd unit yourself it's not that hard as long as you know how to do the wiring but you can find that out on the net somwhere im sure.
after all i installed my cd player in my vs and that wasnt that hard to do.
ok some bits were annoying cause id never pulled the dash apart before
but once that was done it was easy.
id say go for it you'll never ever know if you never try.