Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear spoiler loose

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
hey , I’ve a issue with the rear boot spoiler on my VZ , the screws that attach from the boot lid to the spoiler are tight yet the spoiler itself is loose , is there a fix for this ?

Many thanks

Craig Facey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 5.7
Remove screws. .. You might need some penetratiing oil because they rust . Then put new ones on with small wide flat rubber washers to stop the rattle.

Good luck

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
As it turns out , I’m now looking for an replacement spoiler , I may just take it to a panel beater and have the holes filled in , I quite like the look minus the rear wing

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
As a quick question, are there grommets available to plug the holes from the spoiler on the boot ?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
On my VX SS there is a rubber gasket between the spoiler and the boot lid, same shape as the legs on the spoiler, probably 2mm to 3mm thick,
is that still in place?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
On my VX SS there is a rubber gasket between the spoiler and the boot lid, same shape as the legs on the spoiler, probably 2mm to 3mm thick,
is that still in place?

Nope the entire base of spoiler is buggered , I’m now thinking of not replacing it , I like how it looks without it , I’ll have a chat to the panel and paint shop next to our tanker depot about repairing the boot holes .I bought some rubber grommets as a stop gap measure in the interim

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
As a quick question, are there grommets available to plug the holes from the spoiler on the boot ?

Yes, there are. See them on boot lids all the time. Don't have any links though :(

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Quick update, the repairer tells me that they can source a spoiler through a place called parts world , like trade me for car parts , just waiting on what my insurer says

Waipuna34

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 SV6
hey , I’ve a issue with the rear boot spoiler on my VZ , the screws that attach from the boot lid to the spoiler are tight yet the spoiler itself is loose , is there a fix for this ?

Many thanks
Yep this is a problem. You will need to take the spoiler off and get a panel beater to repair. What happens is when the boot is closed heavily it cracks the spoiler around the screws. The only thing to do is repair or replace the spoiler.