Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear SSL's + 18" Wheels = Rolled Guards?????

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
Pretty much what the title says.
I've got SL's all round at the moment and am looking at chucking some SSL's in the rear to (obviously) put it down lower a bit more.
My question is will I have to roll my guards if I get this done with 18" wheels + low profile tyres?
Is anyone here experienced in lowering VZ's?

There is a photo in "My Ride" if people need clarification on current height, thanks heaps!

ataylor2703

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Manual
Hey mate i have ssl with my stock 17", so i think you will deffs have to roll your guards.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
you dont need to roll your guards, just need a couple weeks to let the springs settle before you get a wheel alignment and it wont scrape if you have the right offset wheels

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
you dont need to roll your guards, just need a couple weeks to let the springs settle before you get a wheel alignment and it wont scrape if you have the right offset wheels

if i need to get a cambre should i do that before putting on the ssl's? it's not a major cambre issue its just a bit .. 'wonky' haha

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
see how the wheel alignment goes first, if the cambers too far out then put one in