Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear suspension issue....need help

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
Hey guys

I had King Spring SL'z in the rear and recently i just put in SSSL at that time everything was fine no noise no clearance issues nothing it was all goood

how ever these past 3 days the rear left side has been making creaking noise as if something is loose when i go over minor bumps the rear right makes a more deeper clunk noise, ive checked for busted shocks seems cant spot oil ive had the car on stands looked underneath checked the rubbers all good ammm i also checkd for loose items in the boot i cant find nothing :bang:

Much appreciated......

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Sounds like you are hitting the bump stops. you really should upgrade the shocks to a harder item. low springs and standard dampers will mean that the car is LOW but is super saggy. new harder compound dampers will mean it still sits low but it won't travel as far up and down and hit the bump stops.

I have ultra lows and my ute (same as SSSL) and mine did it too. I changed the dampers to a heavy duty pedders item and problem was fixed. handles great now too.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ +1 on what sp001in said.

Also, the creaking... the rubbed bump stops also act as a pad between the spring and the metal mount points...

If the rubber pad has worn through and you have the metal spring rubbing on the metal mounting surface... that could cause some creaking...

When I has SSSL's in the back of my VX I got some pedders big bore racing shocks in the rear... pricey but bloody brilliant. so long as you put them in yourself otherwise pedders will be more that happy to ripe you off...

Good luck with it mate

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
so would KYB shortened shocks eliminate it ?? as i am about to order them sometime this week