Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear tyre wear

Yamaha Techy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Hey my vy ute is wearing my back tyres really quick on the inside edge....I know it is how the commodore IRS is meant to be but is there anything you can get done to reduce the camber therefore the wear??
I have 235/40 tyres on 18 inch rims

Cheers

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
How low? Can buy a camber kit...

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Sounds like you need a 4 point camber kit, from memeory the utes didn't get the rear toe adjuster with less camber rear cradle that the sedans got from VX2 onwards (same as VT GTS300).

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah get a 4 point camber kit. i got one after putting superlows in and get about 40,000ks per tyre now and i could still take more camber out of them too if i wanted
although it is a prick of a job installing them on the car, took me about 8 hours but well worth it

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
How muc camber can you get out of the stock rear end? My mate that works for a tire place tells me you don't need a camber kit in vy's they have enough adjustment in them for that?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
How muc camber can you get out of the stock rear end? My mate that works for a tire place tells me you don't need a camber kit in vy's they have enough adjustment in them for that?

As I said earlier I think the rear end fitted from the VX2 onwards was only fitted to sedans, not to utes or wagons.
Please correct me if wrong.
The latter rear end only had static camber at 0.5* where as the VT-VX1 had 1.5*deg static camber.

mitchone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 s pack ute
i had to get a camber installed in mine. im running SSLs with 19 inch in the rear. dont know how much it will be for you though cause i got mates rates. the wheels look much straighter though. handles a bit better aswell. especially when im loaded up for work.