Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear tyres scrubbing!

S

Sandman240588

Hello everyone i got a few questions.. first one is i have 235/35/18s on my vs commodore thats lowered with live axle and when i have a load in the back the left tyre scrubs on the guards.. and its annoying because its wrecking my tyres! so what can be done to prevent this? any help will be great thanks.. and anothe question will a vs statesman front bar jus fit on to my commodore? if not what mods will i need to do? thanks for help guys keeep up the good work!

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Sandman240588 said:
Hello everyone i got a few questions.. first one is i have 235/35/18s on my vs commodore thats lowered with live axle and when i have a load in the back the left tyre scrubs on the guards.. and its annoying because its wrecking my tyres! so what can be done to prevent this? any help will be great thanks.. and anothe question will a vs statesman front bar jus fit on to my commodore? if not what mods will i need to do? thanks for help guys keeep up the good work!

a_Weld the rear doors :D ,

b_Dont let n1 sit on the rear seat :D ,

c_Raise it back up :cry: ,

d_Get rad of the 18's too big any way :cry: ,

e_Spend more and roll the guards :b:,

f_Have the luxury of driving on new tyres every week :rofl:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
how much lower is it from stock?

have you got an adjustable panhard rod? if not, get one, if so, maybe get it adjusted with a load in the rear so it wont scrub.

rolling guards is a god idea.

statesman front bar should bolt on, but bonnet and grille will be an issue.

S

Sandman240588

Thanks vt acclaim ur a big help.. surely u can do something better with ur time... but hakhawk i appreciate ur help.. ah i dunno ill have a look today how much will an ajustable panhard ros set me back? oh ok well im lookin at the statesman front conversion cause its a very different look which i like thanks again :D

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
Had same problem with my wagon and just as Hakkawk said get an adjustable panhard rod (very easy to fit). I found that my axle was out by approx 6mm but once centered the wheel scrubbing has gone away.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
depending on how low your car is an adjustable panhard rod might not fix your scrubbing, you need one..dont get me wrong, but it still may scrub afterwards with a full load of people in the car. if it does, roll your guards and you should be sweet.