Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear tyres wearing way too quickly

vxseries1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Hey guys,

i recently got a gas tank installed on my vx executive. At the same time, i also happened to replace all four tyres. Everything seemed to be going fine until last night my right rear tyre popped. when i was replacing it, i noticed that the inside tread of the tyre had completely worn out.

i checked the other rear and the same wearing out had occurred. I have attached a photo of what my wheel looks like, any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

vxseries1

Attachments

• Image0300.jpg
    Image0300.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 595

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
how long have they been on the car and can you see anything rubbing on them

thewheeldeal com au

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
It's called camber wear, you have two options, buy tyres often and live with it, or have a rear camber kit fitted which will allow an amount of camber adjustment and will allow for a better wheel alignment, thus extending tyre life and improving handling.

Have you lowered the car? If not, how much does the gas tank weigh?

vxseries1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
the tyres were brand new and dont look to be rubbing against anything. my car is not lowered and im presuming that the gas tank holds about 45 litres

how much does a camber adjustment kit cost?

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Camber Kits go from upwards of $400 installed depending on where you go and how loucky you get.