Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear VZ sedan suspension bush's

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
Hi, me mate has a VZ sedan, and has just brought a suspension bush kit (not including the rear crossmeber mounts as there already new)

anyway, i know how to do the front, done the fronts a few times, however how do i remove the rear bushs? its the ones for the toe etc? i think

are they a matter of just pressed in rubber or is there a steel tube?

and another thing............it looks soooo much simpler then a BA onwards ford falcon rear end haha

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
sorry, its nolthane so it would be a push in by hand, but im trying to find out if the original bush's are the same or have a metal sleave?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
agree with clutchy, most have sleeves on what I've done as well, will need a tool to remove (I think someone made their own on this site)

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
It's pretty simple to make your own bush remover. Bolt to go through hole in bush (put a washer on first so that it cannot get through the hole), push through hole, put a large washer on so that it is larger than the suspension component holding the bush, screw nut on and keep turning nut until bush is removed. You will have to make sure that the bolt has enough thread to facilitate this form of removal.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Would be good to see this tool lol, i'm thinking about replacing my stuffed bushes too.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
A large socket over the bush with a bolt through it then a washer and nut at the other end.. Just wind the nut in and it will pull the bush out.. Do the same to reinstall the new, don't forget to lube it to make it slide in easier..
null_zps84283423.jpg