Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear window, glitter/crystally stuff?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey guys,

Just noticed that my rear window seems to have some stuff on the inside of it, it got a cloth and tried to get some off, it looks like a glittery sort of thing. Any idea how it got there? also i can't get it all of either =/

can probably get a pic up if you wanna look and dont know what im talking about.
thanks for any help.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Maybe nail polish remover will do the trick. Works for all the annoying sticker excess crap

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
One of our trucks at work did this on the passenger's window, it was the old tint stuffing up. Maybe remove with Acetone? Though I'd research that a little, before just going hammer and tongs with the stuff.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
orange power, citro clean, i cant remember its exact name. its some natural fancy-pants-spray that is just too good to be believeable. buy it from coles/safeway etc.

after i ripped the tint off my front windows i tried thinners, prepsol, metho and even engine degrease to get the glue off, took the majority off with a razor blade and a lot of hard work till someone put my onto orange power.

literally wiped the glue off. what took 3 ish hours with a razor blade was done in 15 seconds with orange power.

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
orange power, citro clean, i cant remember its exact name. its some natural fancy-pants-spray that is just too good to be believeable. buy it from coles/safeway etc.

after i ripped the tint off my front windows i tried thinners, prepsol, metho and even engine degrease to get the glue off, took the majority off with a razor blade and a lot of hard work till someone put my onto orange power.

literally wiped the glue off. what took 3 ish hours with a razor blade was done in 15 seconds with orange power.

+1 for citrus cleaners. Mum bought some from a tile shop years ago. Makes short work of pin strip residue aswell