Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear window stop light hood.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
I would like to clean the rear window on the inside but can’t get to clean the glass where the stop light hood sits against the glass,how do you remove it to clean then reinstall it?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Good question!
I need to do this too. Was thinking a flat blade eg box cutter to break the glue seal. Then, insert a suitable small cleaning implement. Probably home made. Eg a wooden tongue depresser with a small foam pad glued on and soaked in window cleaner. Havent done it yet, so keen to hear what others have tried.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The housing is attached to the hood lining so simply pulling it downward unclips it and allows room to clean the glass in there.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Good question!
I need to do this too. Was thinking a flat blade eg box cutter to break the glue seal. Then, insert a suitable small cleaning implement. Probably home made. Eg a wooden tongue depresser with a small foam pad glued on and soaked in window cleaner. Havent done it yet, so keen to hear what others have tried.

Hey Cuda,

If you don’t already have some then grab yourself a set of trim removal tools, not necessarily for this particular job but for future use as they’ll save you damaging your interior.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...l+tools.TRS0&_nkw=trim+removal+tools&_sacat=0

I have a couple of sets similar to this and an assortment of plies for various types of clips.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The housing is attached to the hood lining so simply pulling it downward unclips it and allows room to clean the glass in there.

Downwards as in 90 degrees to the rear window or parallel with the window?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Just realised Im in VF section, assuming they are the same I've never taken much notice.

Pull downwards towards floor.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...