Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear window tinting issues

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Any tiny bubbles through the non-dot regions of the tint should disappear over the first few days...otherwise take it back to be done properly.
The exception is the black dots. Opticoat had no problems with the VF2 ute. We had another company do Modesta on the VF2 SS Wagon (just to try something different not that we were unhappy with Opticoat). Now the wagon has considerably more glass (and black dots) than the ute of course & without me asking the question when I booked it in, the guy said you do realise there will likely be some small bubbles amongst the dots - which I expected ...but very few as it turned out & really unnoticeable amongst the dots unless you are looking to find them.
But yes, if the tinter says all bubbles amongst the dots will disappear over time then I wouldn’t believe it.
They may disappear if they were purely air or moisture bubbles but mostly it is because there is a speck of dust under the film and that is never going to change

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
I was told by the guys that did my window tint, that you have to heat the tint first to pre shrink it, before applying it to the rear window, that will stop it from bubbling, and life time guarantees it.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Hi all,

I'e recently got my VF sv6 ute tinted by solar tint and the rear window was awful has lots of dust in it. I've taken it back and although it is better this time there is again a fair few dust circles throughut the tint. They told me it' hard because of the head board of the roof. Has anyone else had a same issue? I just don't want to continue to take it back if it can't be done.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
I got my VE Ute side and rear windows tinted by Wagga Tinting Centre on the 18/3/2008 10 years ago when the Ute was was brand new and they are still perfect..

Last edited: