Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear window

VeSv6011

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SV6
Hi guys,
So, my ride. I have issues with the rear demister. I've changed the fuse/ relay and the thing isn't working. I've noticed that my tint is a bit old and needs replacement. Could anyone recommend any ideas besides turning on the heater lol.
Cheers

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
you might have to check the demister continuity on the rear screen with a meter, bay be a break

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Hi guys,
So, my ride. I have issues with the rear demister. I've changed the fuse/ relay and the thing isn't working. I've noticed that my tint is a bit old and needs replacement. Could anyone recommend any ideas besides turning on the heater lol.
Cheers
Ive got the same issue on my wagon , where did you get a replacement relay, was it genuine GM? I pulled the defogger relay out today and it's been cracked open / crushed on the side, want to replace it before I end up going to an auto electrician
Cheers

VeSv6011

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SV6
I went to Holden and bought the relays. So, I've changed both, the one in the engine bay and the one in the fuse box located in the LH side of the passenger. So, that didn't work. I'm going to go to a sparky and have it checked out.

VeSv6011

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SV6
I'll let you know on Saturday bud.

I've sent the car in for a general service and for the mechanic and auto elec to go over the car and diagnose the rear demister issue. I'll fill you in on what has happened and what has been the cause of the issue.

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
I'll let you know on Saturday bud.

I've sent the car in for a general service and for the mechanic and auto elec to go over the car and diagnose the rear demister issue. I'll fill you in on what has happened and what has been the cause of the issue.
That would be great. Not a big issue however now in colder weather it's annoying. It's got me stumped
Thanks

VeSv6011

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SV6
Hey bud,
So, I got the car back and turns out that, it was the wire connected to the window, it was faulty so, I would deff check that on both spots. There is power running through it and I'll test it tonight when it's cold.

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Hey bud,
So, I got the car back and turns out that, it was the wire connected to the window, it was faulty so, I would deff check that on both spots. There is power running through it and I'll test it tonight when it's cold.
Cheers, My neighbour has a multi meter. I'll take off the side trims a make sure there is power.