Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear wiper motor

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Rear wiper isn't working on my VX wagon. I push the wiper stalk back to turn it on but no go. I can hear the relay click when I turn it on so is it safe to assume that the motor is buggered and not the wiper stalk?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Rear wiper isn't working on my VX wagon. I push the wiper stalk back to turn it on but no go. I can hear the relay click when I turn it on so is it safe to assume that the motor is buggered and not the wiper stalk?

Not necessarily, it could be a wiring issue. Have you checked the fuse?

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Yea I checked the fuse and it's good. The stalk controls front and back wipers, front and back washers and intermittent wiper speed. Everything works but the back wiper.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You will need to remove the tailgate trim to test if power is getting to the wiper motor, if it is then it would be safe to assume the motor is stuffed.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I had a bit of a problem with the rear wiper on my VY the other day, it was working before, and just wouldnt go when I went to use it. I could hear the wiper motor when I put my head down near it, so I flipped open the plastic cover that covers the nut and spindle that holdens the wiper arm on, and I noticed that the nut had loosened and the spindle wasnt turning the wiper arm, so I just tightened the nut and shes all working again, I was just glad it was an easy fix for once..

jel8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Holden Commador Wagon
I have a vx to and there are 2 wires (1 black and 1 brown) hanging off the back window wiper motor can you tell me where do they go are they both earth wires. HELP please

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The wiring diagram shows three wires from the rear wiper motor , the Black wire from the motor joins either a Brown/green or Brown/white wire(depending on model). The Blue wire joins a Grey wire. These Grey and Brown/green or Brown/white wires go back to the rear wiper relay. The Brown wire from the motor joins a Black/blue wire that goes to earth..