Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rebuild/Stroking Ecotec

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I have had a look at boosted applications, but I dunno I think I like staying N/A better. I know it'd be much easier to just get a Raptor kit and tune however
Well I was thinking 1.9 Rockers then the MACE Stage 1 to suit, I prefer getting the rockers because they can bolt on and I can most likely do them myself
How do I go about increasing compression?
Fuel pump is pretty new, I'm getting 400km to a tank at the moment and replaced a fair bit so wanted the injectors, would I need a tune for bigger ones?

Thanks

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I have had a look at boosted applications, but I dunno I think I like staying N/A better. I know it'd be much easier to just get a Raptor kit and tune however
Well I was thinking 1.9 Rockers then the MACE Stage 1 to suit, I prefer getting the rockers because they can bolt on and I can most likely do them myself
How do I go about increasing compression?
Fuel pump is pretty new, I'm getting 400km to a tank at the moment and replaced a fair bit so wanted the injectors, would I need a tune for bigger ones?

Thanks

The only problem is that you will be paying twice, once for the rockers and once for the cam, when the cam only would get the same results. Its up to you of course, but it just seems like a waste of $500 to me.

Increase the compression by either shaving the heads or the block, talk to the engine builder, that's a job for an engine machinist.

Again the stock injectors are plenty big enough, but if you are set on getting a new set, up to you. Yes you will need a tune to suit, but the car will need to be tuned anyway, so only a bit extra. But talk to the dyno tuner first, ask them what injectors they recommend for the build. You can't slap any old injectors on, so just talk to the tuner, and save yourself a lot of trouble of finding out they can't use the ones you select.

Also give Steve at MACE a call, see what bag of goodies he recommends. Just know what you want and what you can afford before you call and let him (or his team) recommend some parts that will compliment each other nicely.

My main recommendation would be to talk to MACE, the engine builder and the dyno tuner before you buy ANYTHING. Once you know where you stand you will proceed much much smoother.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah, definitely, I'll just get some reco'd injectors then. Will see what Steve and I'll need to get in touch with some decent places in WA

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Do you mean I should recommend some or do you know of any?
I've been thinking for now I just want to get my bolt ons and the stroker, I'm not sure what kit to go for or how tired my engine is if you can help. I do know a similar modded EF/L falcon beats me though hah
In any case what are the main things I would look at replacing ?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
*double post*

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
10K will easily put you within a fully rebuilt engine, as in, replace everything.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
10K will easily put you within a fully rebuilt engine, as in, replace everything.

After bringing it up with the missus its provably more like 5k, probably gonna get a Mazda6 sometime so looking at one of the stroker kits and whatever else is recommended

MACE

Reaction score
Do you mean I should recommend some or do you know of any?
I've been thinking for now I just want to get my bolt ons and the stroker, I'm not sure what kit to go for or how tired my engine is if you can help. I do know a similar modded EF/L falcon beats me though hah
In any case what are the main things I would look at replacing ?
I can recommend a number of workshops in WA who might be able to help

In regards to what you should replace given your budget it would be everything except for the rods, valves and crank. Assuming that these items are in good condition (crank does not need to be ground) and that you were planning on installing a larger cam

Agreed

After bringing it up with the missus its provably more like 5k, probably gonna get a Mazda6 sometime so looking at one of the stroker kits and whatever else is recommended
To be honest, unless you’re planning on doing all of the mechanical/assembly work yourself, I can’t see how you would be able to do a stroker build for that price

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah mate, 5k isn't going to be a stroker engine.

Would build you a nice reco'd cammed engine though. Will probably make as much power if not more than the Stroker.