Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
Hi All,

As you have probably seen my car in the "My Ride" section (I need to update because my car looks nothing like the pics :S), my car has done its time motor wise. I Decided the other day that im sick of fixing everything, and its the time to do what i always wanted to do; stroke a brand new ecotec to a 4.2ltr, and add some goodies to get it moving even quicker off the line :) with a bit of motivation from TT PSI (IBLOWN) .

Im going to Commwreck in Airport West to buy the block, and for a small price of $120.00, I've been told by them that theres a mint condition block, that had cracked heads which im not interested in because ill be working with Mace Engineering's Aluminium heads later on....

I'll post pics of everything throughout the build, so you guys can see everything thats going on, and the final product :):):):):)

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok...so i went to get the motor, i asked for just the block, but i got the whole bottom end bar sump :S. I spent all day in the 35 degree heat cleaning and removing all pistons, crank, balancer, cam, and all other unnessesary components...

Pics :

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
how can it not haha, boost in a ecotec is amazing :) the ting i cant wait for is a brand new motor lol

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
wow...now thats an inspiring video! it's making me wanna go out there and work on a 40 degree day :). We are working on my car and a HQ Monaro 454 big block chev at the moment...too bad you dont do parts for them Steve could have gotten you more sales haha. Ill ring you up this week to confirm the order on the stroker kit, heads and cam :):):)

MACE

Reaction score
Go the big block :D

As for parts for engines of that vintage, there are already HEAPS of parts for these engines around, as they've been around for decades. Chances there would be at least 5 different companies who would be able to supply the same part for these engine, so there really isn't much room in the market to supply them :(

Sound good though :D

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
Thats a pretty sweet VT, gives me something to look forward to when i have my Turbo v6 running. yeeee haaaa

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha thanks mate! stay posted :)

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
OK...update time :)

I'm ordering everything for the engine from Mace today, so whilst that's coming in i can prepare other things for the car before the motor goes in.

This Friday I've got the new diff getting fitted. I'm getting 3.9 LSD diff gears with trutrack fitted aswell.

Next Saturday im indulging myself and I've booked in to the my long awaited capacitor for my stereo fitted by the reputable GL Pro Sound on Keilor Road, who did an amazing job on fitting the rest of my kick-ass stereo system :)

The motor, as soon as i get these parts from Mace, is booked to go to a machinist in Airport West, who will bore, hone and balance as well as assemble my whole bottom end, make sure everything is A.O.K.

I will take photos of my diff this friday night for you guys and post :):)