Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
if you dont already know you can spin the housings by undoing the the nuts and flanges that hold them to the center.
As said the oil return are gravity feed having them at top will cause a build in oil and pressure which will lead to the seals failing.

As said shorten the fuel line between the 2 rails to remone the bow in it if you have one have it going downwards instead. Also when you redo the drains remove the 90 fittings from and have them as straight as possible.

JUst helping you here is there a reason why the fuel reg is on passenger side?

Also Speedpro in dandenong is one of if not the best performance parts joint in melbourne their prices are very good worth checking them out not sure where you live though

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
if you dont already know you can spin the housings by undoing the the nuts and flanges that hold them to the center.
As said the oil return are gravity feed having them at top will cause a build in oil and pressure which will lead to the seals failing.

As said shorten the fuel line between the 2 rails to remone the bow in it if you have one have it going downwards instead. Also when you redo the drains remove the 90 fittings from and have them as straight as possible.

JUst helping you here is there a reason why the fuel reg is on passenger side?

Also Speedpro in dandenong is one of if not the best performance parts joint in melbourne their prices are very good worth checking them out not sure where you live though

+1 for SpeedPro. We deal with them a lot. Great people.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67

MizzVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Impreza MY05 WRX STi
Hurry up and get it in there! I wanna hear the tsu tu tu tu!!!

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
A thicker plenum spacer would suit the F/I setup better as well (I'm sure you already know this) is there a reason you went for a thinner plenum spacer and a thicker manifold one?

BTW it's looking nice mate, can't wait to see it completed and can't wait to see the results and the videos that follow :D

They are the spacers i owned before, and if i put the 25mm spacer on the top of the engine wont fit under the bonnet lol....it hit the plenum before, i got a bit of a rash on the corner that ive since polished out, but now i have the new engine mounts that sit .5mm lower i think it wont hit, so i cant put the 25mm one on as a result of no space...

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
that fuel reg ive got (turbosmart) says in the manual it regulates pressure FROM the lines not into...so return?? i could be wrong...dunno much about this stuff...

i never knew you could turn the housings lol....ill do that tonight, and get rid of that elbow and make 2 straight pipes going to the sump.

i cant shorten the bow on the fuel lines because it hits the thermo housing? i dont have much room to play and the easiest way was to curve it upwards around the thermo housing...

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
ive rang about 5 places for the flex plate bolts, and they all told me to go to VPW lol....seems i cant get an aftermarket ARP bolt to suit??

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i suppose i doesnt matter which side its on as long as the fuel "in" is in the opposite rail as klampy said. I just assumed youd put it the way the factory setup was as the fuel hard lines from tank run down the drivers side.

I'd just get new genuine one to suit. I highly doubt theres much difference holden ones are still high tensile and pre-loctited. theres no real actual load on bolts your more likely to tear your flexplate apart (seen it done on stocker v6) than tear bolts