Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rebuilding LS1

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Well my gear box has just been done an now im looking at buyn all the gear to do a engine rebuild. What Basic parts that would need replacing, but with that said I want to try an replace most of the engines insides. I wonna look at getting most brand new with most of the bolt on, on the out side replaced with brand new as well like sensor's an little things like that.

But yeh mainly wanting to know about the guts of it. Whats the DO GET things. While im doing that I was gunna throw a raptor on but they seem to be busy an are outta kits atm so Im gunna throw in a baby cam, nothing over board tho something that wont need more then a 3000 stally.

A list of parts would be great if possiable lol. While I want it as cheap as I can which I'll get all the parts throw trade prices which should save me alittle $$$ at the end.

All info is great thanks

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
in all honesty mate dont bother with rebuilding the ls1. If you can get a fresh crate l98 or ls2 that would be the best option. it may cost u a little more but ull have a way better engine in the end. Why are you rebuilding anyway mate? ur only at the 200,000km mark anyway arnt you? theres plenty of life left in it. If your gonna do it properly your gonna need all new parts, plus machining plus the labor to put it all back together.go a crate engine for sure.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
250k she dont feel right anymore to me. Id rather get a fresh one. would like a ls2 as i seen them for $4600 but then id need prob another that too fit it which I dont have that sorta money.

Im looking for a new ls1 but seem to cant find anymore. like i used to c em

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
brand new crate ls2 from holemart VZ style for $4680 If I new exactly what else needs to be done I could do most if not all myself.

With above I can afford to buy and pay some 1 too fit but I have a few bills to be paid aswell so thats why I was looking at just getting a rebuild for around 3500-4000k

Power tourqe here in brisbane with me paying for the engine myself it would cost me $8500 total with me buying the engine from holemart. Drive in Drive up basiclly. Just trying to avoid spending that sorta money on the engine lol.

Idea's would be great.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
yeah its a shame that u have to do that mate.
its never an easy thing to do, specially with ~8k at stake.
think of all the things u cud do with 8k!
but yeah, if a rebuild is ur choice just remember that it is still the same motor and resale would be more difficult than if u were to say, plonk the brand new 0km ls2 or l98 donk in there..
i think possibly spend the 8 or 9k to get the new engine, this way ull have a brand new 0km engine that, if treated right, would give u annother lifetime of hassle free driving and will be easier to resell if that was ur choice down the track.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Yeh thats how I think lol Id be happy to spend the 8500 drive in drive out for the Vz ls2 mose well pay the extra 1750 for cam an valves aswell. Misses finds out monday if she gets her new job so if she does that better income an then I wont care about taken that money out of the bank :p.

Coz if i went the new engine id by a new dash too suit with 0lm lol

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Whats the L98 ? Ve 6L Yeh sorry 8500 drive in drive out 10000 drive in drive out for the HSV VE LS3

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
i cant remember exactly what car they were in but there better then the ls2 so id get that. 10,000 for a ls3 is a bloody great deal too. Also just remembered that with a new engine you have to do all the paperwork and **** too make it legal with ur rego and that. so thats somthing else to think about, but i doubt that would be too much hassle.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
get yourself a LSX block and build one in that